Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I simply love Yorkshire and its magnificent scenery. Every season Yorkshire has something magical to offer. There's nothing better than getting my hiking boots on and disappearing into Yorkshire's superb countryside! I take my camera everywhere with me to ensure others can appreciate the many beautiful things that I see on my breathtaking walks. My photography has been featured on ITV Calendar, BBC Look North and has been published in The Yorkshire Ridings Magazine, The Yorkshire Dalesman, Country Walking Magazine and Countryfile magazine. Some of my images have been transformed into beautiful paintings by Yorkshire artists. At the end of 2013 I was selected to be the Face of Ordnance Survey. You can see me in the 'Explore More' campaign. Follow me on Twitter: @NickyLawImages Email enquiries: NickyBusbyPhotography@yahoo.com

Saturday 2 March 2013

Spurn Point - Holderness Coast

I love so many different places in Yorkshire but Spurn Point has to be one of my favourites!

Spurn Point panorama

Spurn Point is located on the Holderness coast and is at the southern most point on the peninsula.  It is the home of a disused lighthouse and the RNLI Humber lifeboat crew. It is a magnificent part of Yorkshire's heritage coast.

Spurn Point lighthouse beyond the groynes

There is no quick way to get to Spurn Point! The drive to get there is long but well worth it!

Spurn Point is a fabulous place for fishing, bird watching or just for some tranquility!

It's mud flats are a superb for bird watching, especially waders, whilst only a few metres away there are some magnificent sand dunes and weathered groynes.  





Victorian groynes once used as a sea defence

Spurn Point is also a great place for walking. Either along the beach or meandering through the marram grass on the sand dunes.

Changeable weather on the peninsula

The weather can be very changeable so be prepared! Take waterproofs just in case!

Fishing pot washed up on the beach

The beach is a great place to see an array of washed up objects from the high tides. You never know what you might find!


The RNLI pier and launch









No comments:

Post a Comment