Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I simply love Yorkshire and its magnificent scenery. Every season Yorkshire has something magical to offer. There's nothing better than getting my hiking boots on and disappearing into Yorkshire's superb countryside! I take my camera everywhere with me to ensure others can appreciate the many beautiful things that I see on my breathtaking walks. My photography has been featured on ITV Calendar, BBC Look North and has been published in The Yorkshire Ridings Magazine, The Yorkshire Dalesman, Country Walking Magazine and Countryfile magazine. Some of my images have been transformed into beautiful paintings by Yorkshire artists. At the end of 2013 I was selected to be the Face of Ordnance Survey. You can see me in the 'Explore More' campaign. Follow me on Twitter: @NickyLawImages Email enquiries: NickyBusbyPhotography@yahoo.com

Monday 5 August 2013

The Smithy Farm Shop, Baldersby, Thirsk

A warm welcome awaits you at The Smithy Farm shop in Baldersby by proprietor Susan Brown.


This lovely farm shop was established in 1989 and was originally a blacksmith's shop (hence the name 'The Smithy').


When locals Chris and Susan Brown purchased the building it was in need of much repair and the tin roof had most certainly seen better days! Little did they know at the time of purchase that it would become a thriving farm shop supporting local farmers and home bakers in the area!


The Smithy sells everything from dairy to eco-friendly products. Fresh veg and eggs are very popular but the best sellers at the farm shop are the freshly prepared pies and pasties.


There is a good range of seasoned traditional British meats and mouth-watering puddings which are perfect for entertaining guests in your home. A selection of bottled beers and fine wines are also available.


Why not stop off and pick up a pasty or have a cup of tea and sit outside?


The Smithy can be found on the A61 Thirsk Road. Postal code: YO7 4PN and is open Monday to Saturday. Parking is available at the side of the farm shop.

Enquiries: Tel 01765 640676





5 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely shop! I wish there were more shops like that around. Very nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Looks lovely! Will visit next time I pass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little blog. You do so much for Yorkshire Nicky. You're always supporting people. You are a needle in a haystack girl! Yorkshire must be proud to have you! Steve (A twitter follower who wishes he lived in Yorkshire!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. try also popping to Spring House Farm Shop take a look www.springhousefarmshop.com open 7 days a week including our Cafe. All Local Produce and some great gift ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. called into the farm shop today loved the atmosphere the products i bought were outstanding 5 stars

    ReplyDelete