Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I simply love Yorkshire and its magnificent scenery. Every season Yorkshire has something magical to offer. There's nothing better than getting my hiking boots on and disappearing into Yorkshire's superb countryside! I take my camera everywhere with me to ensure others can appreciate the many beautiful things that I see on my breathtaking walks. My photography has been featured on ITV Calendar, BBC Look North and has been published in The Yorkshire Ridings Magazine, The Yorkshire Dalesman, Country Walking Magazine and Countryfile magazine. Some of my images have been transformed into beautiful paintings by Yorkshire artists. At the end of 2013 I was selected to be the Face of Ordnance Survey. You can see me in the 'Explore More' campaign. Follow me on Twitter: @NickyLawImages Email enquiries: NickyBusbyPhotography@yahoo.com

Monday 6 February 2012

Rylstone Skyline photograph transformed to dramatic painting!


If you are a regular follower of my blog you may remember my post which featured my hike in the snow along the Rylstone Skyline a few weeks ago? 

Martin Williamson, (Twitter: @Cobbybrook) a very talented artist and Facebook friend from Silsden in Yorkshire whose work has appeared in the Yorkshire Dalesman and the Yorkshire Post, was reading my blog and spotted one of my snowscape photographs and sent me a message through my facebook account:

"I hope you don't mind: I've used one of the photos that you took along Rylstone edge as inspiration for a painting".


So here it is! And it was transformed from a cold snowscape photograph to.....



.........A warm yet moody painting using pen, ink, wash and oil pastel!

Martin accompanied his work with a lovely message:

'Snow at Rylstone'
This painting was inspired by a set a smashing photos taken by Facebook friend Nicky Busby, a very talented photographer from Leeds. Nicky is a keen walker and has raised thousands of pounds for various good causes; this particular walk took her along the ridge above Wharfedale and the villages of Rylstone (of Calendar Girls fame) and Cracoe, with its glorious views across Barden Fell. Taking photos along the way, Nicky put words and images together for her blog:
http://nickybusby.blogspot.com/2012/01/rylestone-skyline-hike-29-january-2012.html
Using one of Nicky's photos as a starting point and adding to it the experience of walking on the snow covered moors above Bolton Abbey yesterday, I created this painting of the ridge above Rylstone, with Cracoe Obelisk in the background.
Thank you Nicky!
Pen, ink wash and oil pastel.
15" x 22"

This image is available to buy as a giftcard, print, canvas or poster through Redbubble using the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.redbubble.com%2Fpeople%2Fcobbybrook%2Fworks%2F8439151-snow-at-rylstone%3Fp%3Dgreeting-card&h=3AQFs2vDe

Any profits made from the sale of this painting will go to The Upper Wharfedale Fell Rescue Association.
http://www.uwfra.org.uk/d6/index.php
Martin and I look forward to your support for this worthy voluntary organisation that relies heavily on public donations.
You never know when you might need them!

Here is a photograph of myself and Martin below the Rylstone Skyline in Wharfedale as he hands over his wonderful piece of artwork which I will treasure always!


Photograph courtesy of John Earnshaw

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much Nicky - so glad you like!
    Best wishes
    Martin x

    ReplyDelete